Can I get medical aid for my children if I do not have medical aid?

February 15, 2016

Yes you can. However, the child will need to be registered as the principal member of the plan, and will thus pay the same rates as an adult principal member. If, however, you choose to take out medical cover for yourself and add your children as dependants, you’ll pay the contribution of a principal member, but your children will pay a much lower rate than you.