Hospital plans allow you direct control over your medical spending and the management of your budget and offer core medical cover in case of an emergency.
In choosing medical aid cover, people nowadays increasingly tend to opt for hospital plans or health insurance products instead of full comprehensive medical plans. The reason for this trend is that hospital plans are seen to be more affordable than the traditional medical aid plans, which in recent years have become a luxury for many families. People are also increasingly willing to manage their day-to-day primary healthcare expense themselves by using facilities such as Medical Savings Accounts (MSAs) or medical credit/debit cards.
The MEDXXI option is a hospital plan that offer you the following:
Detailed Benefits 2016
Detailed Benefits 2016 (PDF)
- Unlimited hospital cover at any of the Scheme's Designated Hospitals, paid at 100% of Agreed Tariff
- 25 PMB chronic conditions
- Ante-natal Classes and Foetal Scans (R 1,500.00)
- Certain clinical procedures (Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy) covered in Doctor's room
- Unlimited MRI and CT scans in and out of hospital
- Benefits for non-elective maxilla-facial and oral surgery
- Benefit for mammogram and pap smear
- Contraceptive benefit to a maximum of R 1,400.00
- Maternity visits (subject to limit)
- Out Patient Treatment at Hospital Facility
- Limited to R 1,000.00 per family per annum for treatment at a hospital out patient facility or emergency rooms.
| Detailed Benefits 2015 (PDF)
MORE ABOUT HOSPITAL PLANS